If cats are carnivores - natural meat eaters - why on earth do they seem to love eating dry cereal (kibble) so much?
Because pet food companies spray kibble with EXTREMELY delicious-to-cats animal digests. This adds a strong flavor that cats love. It's this added flavor that makes what would otherwise be a totally unpalatable cereal diet taste good to a cat.
Kibble addicts CAN be transitioned to a better diet - but the process takes patience and, often, ample bribery.
1. The moisture in canned or home-prepared food is absolutely vital to your cat's urinary tract health
2. Most dry foods rely on grain-based proteins that have low biological value for obligate carnivores (cats)
3. The carbohydrates in dry food are high and harm a cat's blood sugar and insulin balance
4. Many dry foods contain ingredients that are allergenic to cats
5. Many dry foods contain soy ingredients that can harm a cat's thyroid gland
FOLLOW us on Facebook to get these Bites in your news feed.
Follow us on Facebook to get these L'il Bites in your news feed.
Follow us on Twitter where we're Tweetin' too.
L'il Bite Tags